| 7 Great Tips To Save Money on Car Parts and Maintenance
by Ispas Marin
Taking care of your car maintenance can be very rewarding if done
properly so here's a list of seven tips that can help you save
money on your car parts and service.
1. A well tuned car can has a fuel consumption from 25% to 33%
lower than a poorly tuned car making a tune-up cheaper than driving
without it, tuning your car for better performance can save you
between $150 and $250 per year.
2. Regardless of the number of miles the manual recommends a oil
change and filter change you should change them every 3,000 miles.
This is one of the most important factors in your engine's life
since it's going to prolong your engine's life and you're going
to save on engine car parts. The potential savings are $500 to
3. Dirty air filter means more gasoline used and reduces the engine's
life so you should check it regularly, maybe monthly. The air
filter can be cleaned by blowing it with a hose or can be replaced.
You can save about $130 per year..
4. Using steel-belted radial tires can increase the number of
miles you make per year by up to 10%, saving this way about $130
5. Most cars, don't work better on premium gas, so, unless your
car is pinging or knocking you shouldn't use higher octane gas.
If your car doesn't have a high performance engine, using the
gas that best suits your car's engine can save you $200 to $400
6. Having under inflated tires makes your engine burn about 6%
more gas so make sure you check your tire pressure regularly.
7. If your tires are improperly balanced the tread on them will
be destroyed. In addition, your suspension and shock absorbers
can be damaged leading to more expense on car parts and service.
Balancing your tires once a year can add thousands of miles to
About the Author
At http://www.mbsautoparts.com you will find discount part prices
on millions of domestic and import Auto Parts and oem parts.Cheap
Mercedes Parts, BMW Parts, Porsche Parts. Our discount prices
on domestic and import truck and car parts and accessories are